It is our pleasure to announce the upcoming funding opportunity, please review and share this funding opportunity with graduate students.
The Native Nations Institute, housed at The Udall Center for Studies in Public Policy at the University of Arizona, offers research and travel funding for graduate students engaging in Indigenous nation building related research projects, especially work on contemporary Indigenous issues that have practical policy implications and the potential to be useful to Native leaders and decision-makers. Related fields include, but are not limited to, Indigenous governance, health policy, economic development, or community development interests.
At the Native Nations Institute, we’re eager to support the development of scholars and researchers focused on Indigenous nation building. This fund is a way to learn even more about nation building from the latest research in a variety of fields.
Miriam Jorgensen, Research Director, Native Nations Institute
The funding includes up to $1500 per student that can be used for expenses such as purchasing data; research participant costs; travel, including airfare, hotel, parking, meals, and mileage or other ground transportation expenses; and conference registration fees.
The application deadline is October 14, 2016 for the award period for October 1, 2016 – March 31, 2017.
· Domestic U.S. citizen pursuing U.S-based research.
· Accepted for enrollment or currently enrolled as a graduate degree-seeking student in an accredited college or university.
· Enrolled full-time, except those enrolled part-time working toward dissertation completion.
· Priority given to University of Arizona graduate students.
· Recipients who have already receieved the award are not eligible to apply.
· Funds should be used for the purchase of goods and services from US-based vendors.
· Present research work to the NNI staff and others at an informal meeting (e.g., the NNI research team meeting) and a 1-2-page report on how the funding has contributed to your research work.
If you meet the eligibility requirements for NNI Graduate Student Research and Travel Funds, please complete the application documents below and submit to Yadira Caballero, email@example.com.
· Graduate Student Research and Travel Funds application form.
· Letter (one-page) explaining (1) how the research and travel funds will contribute to your professional development and (2) how your research work relates to nation building.
· Abstract for the research, dissertation, or conference presentation.
· Graduate Student Research and Travel Funds itemized budget form.
· Letter of recommendation from a faculty member.
Please combine all of the application documents into ONE PDF FILE for submission.
For more information, please visit Graduate Student Research and Travel Funding.